Mil Spec Silicone Rubber Self Fusing Electrical Insulation Tapes:
MIL-I-46852 / A-A-59163 / MIL-I-22444
Type I and Type II Silicone Self Fusing Tapes
FlameShieldä rectangular and triangular profile silicone rubber self-fusing compression tapes meeting A-A-59163 and Mil-I-46852 specification are used for a variety of critical electrical wiring and cable splicing and protection jobs. Especially suited for aviation and marine environments, as well as outdoor weathering environments.
The tape has no adhesive, but sticks to itself (self-fuses or self amalgamating) when stretched and wrapped onto itself. The tapes starts curing within minutes, and after several hours cannot be unwound or removed without using a sharp knife or blade. This tape makes a waterproof, weatherproof and air tight protection.
This tape is available in almost any color, but oxide-red and black are the most common. The triangular tape has a guideline stripe in the center which aids in achieving a 50% spiral wrap. Triangular levelwrap tapes provide a smooth surface on spiral wrapping, preventing the tape wrap area from snagging when pulling a wire or cable through a bundle or over objects or openings.
FlameShieldä tapes meeting A-A-59163 and Mil-I-46852 provide superior electrical insulation with a minimum of 300 volts per mil (.001") of tape thickness at 365°F / 180°C. A 20mil tape therefore provides 6000 volts per wrap of insulation value.
This tape is also used to wrap hydraulic connections and to make vibration resistant bumpers and spacers for wiring, cable, hose, pipes and lines. This tape is used to wrap and hold insulation in place on hot air ducts.
Mil Spec Silicone Tape
· Resists moisture, oxygen, UV, ozone and corona
· Conforms smoothly around irregular forms
· No adhesive or sticky residue like other tapes
· Flame retardant version meets FAR 25.853
Share this page.....
Our A-A-59163 and Mil-I-46852 tapes can be constructed to meet the following specifications:
· McDonnel Douglas / Boeing DMS-2186 Type II
· McDonnell Douglas Helicopter HS5215
· General Dynamics P5384
· Martin Marietta MMS 517-6 Type II,
· McDonnell Douglas P.S. 17115,
· ST0130RB0078 Type I,
· Premier Farnell 810112,
· Safe Flight 59562-5.
· NSN 5970-00-480-1329
· Equivalent to Type I Tapes with the following part numbers: 56756, 57063, 57090, 50005, 50006, 57161, 50022, 50039, 57806, 612-1, 615-.75, 615-1, 620-.5, 620-.75, 620-1, 620-1.25, 630-.5, 630-1
· Equivalent to Type II Tapes with the following part numbers: 50014, 50215, 50361, 53304, 50573, 56517, 56265, 600R and 600T levelwrap series; 602-1, 603-1, 604-1, 604-1.25, 605-1.25, 605-1.5, 606-1.5, 605-1, 606-1, 607-1