Basalt Knit Sleeve
for Engine & Generator Exhaust Pipe Protection - ExhaustSock™
1382°F / 750°C ExhaustSock™
Basalt Knit Sleeve is a highly conformable sleeve which provides excellent thermal protection for engine and generator exhaust piping for automobiles, marine engines and generators, bus, construction and mining equipment.
Available in sizes from 1" ID up to 6" ID.
Supplied in 100 foot lengths and easily cut to desired installation length.
Good anti-fray and handling due to knitted construction.
· Helps maintain exhaust gas temperatures in order to meet regulatory requirements.
· Knitted design allows for high conformability.
· Can be fabricated with apertures to accommodate brackets and mounting pads.
· Available in pre-cut or continuous lengths.
· Expandable and durable - provides ease of installation.
· Conforms to bends, elbows, flex sections and flanges.
· Suitable for Fixed Generators, Marine Engines and Generators, Automotive, Truck,
Bus, Construction and Mining equipment.
Parameter Test Method Result
Thermal 0.031-0.038 W/mK
Thermal Endurance BH 100-521 Pass - No degradation
Cold/Wet Endurance BH 100-522 Pass - No degradation
Thermal Containment BH 100-509 (See table below)
Flammability SAE J369 /No ignition
Flammability D45133 Type A No ignition
Flammability with Oil Contamination BH 100-524 (ref. SAE J369) Self-extinguishing
Vibration ASTM D4728 Pass - No degradation
Fluid Resistance (bullet list below) BH100-003F No degradation or loss of flexibility
·50/50 Antifreeze/Distilled Water
·Diesel Fluid LSRD-4
·ASTM Reference Fuel C
·Brake Fluid SAE RM-66
·Power Steering Fluid
·Windshield Washer Fluid
·Salt Spray ASTM G85 Pass
Thermal Containment Test per BH100-509 on ExhaustSock™ Sleeve
3.5” (89mm) Exhaust Pipe Parameters
Inlet Gas 828°C
Inlet Pipe Surface 534°C
Thermal Containment 251°C
Temperature at 20mm from sleeve (ambient) 121°C
Temperature at 30mm from sleeve (ambient) 100°C
Temperature at 100mm from sleeve (ambient) 81°C
Share this page.....